It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 15:31

Bait

You can talk about any topic here.
*WARNING* some threads may contain discussion only suitable for adults.
Please bear in mind our viewers come from diverse backgrounds. Any racist comments will be met with a zero tolerance policy.

Bait

Postby TerryG » 22 Sep 2010, 14:18

I have just ordered some Unwashed Squid, has anyone tried this against your normal cleaned squid, I am going to try this on Sunday over in Whitby, let's see if it out fishes the cleaned squid, :fishing: :clap:
Terry 9T's

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Bait

Postby Paul » 22 Sep 2010, 16:24

Hoping the weather holds out for Sunday :? :? :?

Its currently showing strong Northerlies for Friday settling down a little by Sunday but moving round to North east, possibly the worst direction for over there ??? ??? We will have to see.... FINGERS SERIOUSLY CROSSED!!!!

Heard only good stuff about unwashed squid though, have kept meaning to get some ordered but never seem to get round to it....

Whats unwashed squid??

Well, it is basically as it sounds... squid that has not been washed! Most squid bought for human consumption has been washed and is actually bleached to remove a lot of the ink to make it more appealing to us humanoids ;) Unfortunately for the angler its actually the ink that attracts the fish!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Rushy » 22 Sep 2010, 17:33

I've never used it either ??? is it a similar price to normal squid? It certainly can't do any harm anyway, can it?

I've heard Unwashed Falklands Squid is THE bait to have ;) you have to beat the fish off with a shitty stick cos your arms are that tired reeling them all in :crazy:

Good luck on Sunday fellas.....without me.....sob........
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby TerryG » 22 Sep 2010, 17:47

It's not badly priced but you need to add for postage :blink:

http://www.onlinebaitsuk.co.uk/online-b ... p-259.html

Click to enlarge
New to our Squid product range is a 5lb block of Loligo Unwashed Squid. Due to high demand for a smaller quantity we have sourced this product and is becoming very popular. Unwashed Squid is a much better bait than the standard 1lb Calamari Squid due to the fact it hasn't been pressure washed for the food market, it is straight off the boats and frozen with all the ink and juices still inside, giving a much better scent.
Terry 9T's

Postby Paul » 22 Sep 2010, 17:56

Think one of the online ones does FALKLANDs unwashed squid, can't remember which one though ??? seen it somewhere!!!

If you have a decent size freezer its worth looking at the bigger blocks i think, works out much cheaper, works out a bit cheaper than the normal 1lb boxes if you buy a 10 kg block.

If it turns out to be good stuff ill have a clear out in the freezer (think there is some plaice in there that has been there for donkeys!!) Might be an idea to go splits with someone else too and split the postage ??? ???
Solar powered fisherman

Postby TerryG » 22 Sep 2010, 18:49

That sounds ok with me Paul, let's see what it's like first, :thumb: :thumb:
Terry 9T's

Postby smokin » 22 Sep 2010, 21:14

christ its bad enough not trying to smell bad with the rancid black lug, blueys, mackerel and normal squid after a sesh (I'm almost in a seperate room now after trips) how bad is this 'great unwashed' shizzle gonna be then?

even i was gipping with my last batch of rancid lug just putting them on the hook
had to battery acid the hands just to drive home :dumb:

have a good un in whitby and remember its catch and release with any goths caught (its those fishnet tights and 18 hole dm's, forever getting snagged on your flapper!!! :blink: )

atb

Chris
Sh1t Happens

Postby Paul » 22 Sep 2010, 21:17

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just think, you wouldn't pressure wash and bleach your black lug and mackie would you??? ??? :whistle: :whistle:

It makes sense it going to be better!!!

Obviously time will tell, might take a box of "normal" squid to compare catch rates ??? ???
Solar powered fisherman

Postby Rushy » 22 Sep 2010, 21:26

Just take my flotation suit then.....it STINKS!! :doh:
Make a difference - take home one piece of someone's angling litter next time you are out fishing
Political Activist

Postby Paul » 22 Sep 2010, 21:28

Rushy wrote:Just take my flotation suit then.....it STINKS!! :doh:

THat could do with pressure washing and bleaching.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Solar powered fisherman

Return to Banter Boardroom