It is currently 08 Sep 2024, 03:15

HANDING Has Whopper Plopper Styled Surface Lures!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

HANDING Has Whopper Plopper Styled Surface Lures!

Postby Scuba Chris » 30 May 2024, 07:40

Comes In a 3pc Box @ 5.7in Each & Weighs 1.2oz Each!

I now have 15 box sets of these. Comes in 2 color sets. One for dirty water & the other for clear. Each set consist of 3 different colors. There's also a UL set as well at a smaller size & weight (also 3pcs). They're virtually identical to the original Whopper Ploppers. The only difference is the price. Currently Handing's 3 pc set of 5.7in lures at 1.2oz each only goes for $5.99 on Amazon (their US agent). As you know Amazon has recently raised its minimum order total from $25 to $35. To now reach my minimum i tend to order 1 or 2 of these sets as fillers to meet my minimum order. That's why i currently own 15 sets.

After my 1-1/2hrs out in the sun for the first time this summer i was extremely happy on how these lures cast. I'm thinking on my next trip to find another spot where my back is facing the wind so i can increase my casting distance as i was facing the winds today. I was also thinking of adding a 1/8oz lead egg on the front to help cast farther. If the lures starts "nose-diving" on the retrieve i can just raise my rod tip to force the nose from not digging into the water.

My gear used today was a Okuma Guide Select Pro at 9'9" Med. Reel was the new Okuma Inspira ISX 4000 filled with 20lb green Eminent Braid from Soft Steel. If i used a 10-11ft spinning rod i'd have to lower the rod strength to at least ML or a M+. And i'd most likely go with a 5000 spinner. Of course depends on the rod blank & manufacturer as well. This was an estuary area so i used braid. Rocky or reefy areas i'd use monofilament. Also a longer rod might help achieve greater casting distance but if the rod strength makes the rod too "stiff" i wouldn't do it unless you add weight onto the lure.

I really need to hook-up to a sizeable fish that fights hard on these lures. I want to see how the dual stock trebles hold up. Will they bend out? Well there's 2 but depends if both hooks are lodged in. How about single hooks you say? Again so much comes into play. Thinner wires do cut through lips easier. And that will severely change the lures surface action. Will it be worse, or better? This is why i start from a simple basic. Use the stock first. Get that big hit. Examine the lure. All the clues will be there for you.

https://youtu.be/U-Jk2s6U-Bc
Attachments
Handing Has Whopper Plopper- Cover.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk