It is currently 18 Oct 2024, 06:00

HANDING'S 8'6" Mirage Shadow Rod w/a Shimano NASCI!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

HANDING'S 8'6" Mirage Shadow Rod w/a Shimano NASCI!

Postby Scuba Chris » 29 Jun 2024, 22:59

The LONGEST Rod I Currently Own From Handing! Also Used My NASCI 4K!

I like the length of this Mirage Shadow rod! I can cast a 25g Mustad Tracershot Jig from shore a country mile! Yes, it has backbone. Reel size i'd recommend 3K for average usage or 4K for targeting larger species. The only slightly negative aspect was i kept re-tightening the reel foot so you need to cinch down on the rod to be sure that the knob doesn't get loose.

I like the size. Long enough to bomb yet when you bring in a fish you don't have to "fight with yourself" for position or to properly land it. On this outing i had a decent sized Barracuda that eventually cut line. The following day i got lucky with several Jack Trevallies at another location but i had forgotten to charge my GoPro decided just to enjoy the day.

Like The Magic L series the Mirage Shadows also come with custom rod covers as well from HANDING. I now regard the 8'6" Mirage Shadow as a decent working rod & my 8' Magic L as an all-purpose species rod. Both make excellent salt water rods. I'm sure they'll be great for fresh water as it seems HANDING is mainly targeting the fresh water anglers.

https://youtu.be/2DikJp_D_y8
Attachments
Mirage Rod Verified.png
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk