It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 22:54

Plaice Action Morecambe Bay.

All fishing reports from your dinghy, boat and charter fishing trips.

Plaice Action Morecambe Bay.

Postby Padsta Tel » 19 Jul 2016, 09:06

Another plaice bash on the cards for today 7mph Westerly wind but cloudy. Took Ruth today she hasn't fished in my boat for sometime so she was very excited. I arrived first and headed to the mooring, everything in good order set my rods up with a flowing running ledger 2 hooks, and one rod with a 1 up one down.Ruth using flowing traces on light gear. All started well with a double headers for plaice for me then two eels. Then Ruth had a small bass and eel all returned. Plenty of fish but still a little thin chucked most of them back to fatten up for back end.We kept 4 each for tea they were the biggest and fattest. Then I managed to throw my flask top in the bay so kept the top off to cool my coffee then Ruth moved from one side of the boat and it emptied into the bilges.Got back to the car put my gear away pulled off and left my rods leaning up against the car crash, reversed very gingerly and recovered them in tact. Driving home it was so hot I thought I will open the roof window my best rod got caught in it and snapped the top off. Arggh, good excuse to buy another I suppose, worse things happen at sea I told myself.
A few pics of the day.
15lb Salmon Bolton Market
A box of kippers <Lsle of Man>
Acouple of Mackeral Asda
Cod at our local chippy
Fisherman from hell

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Re: Plaice Action Morecambe Bay.

Postby cosierat » 19 Jul 2016, 09:55

You are like a carry on film. :lol: :lol: Entertainment in spades as usual. Nice one Tel :thumb: :thumb:
2017 Species Hunt, Rockling, Flounder, Plaice, Whiting, Dab, Cod, Bass, Doggie, Tope, Eel, Starry
Hardcore Addict

Postby rob f » 19 Jul 2016, 14:35

Good report and pics tel . it looks like you and Ruth had a good days :fishing: out on the water :speed: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
2023 SPECIES HUNT
Dab, Whiting, 5 bearded rockling, Flounder, Thornback ray, Shanny, Silver eel, Doggie, Tub Gurnard, Coley, Pollock, Starry Smooth-hound, Plaice, Weever, Tope. Mackerel. Turbot. Dover sole.
mersey maestro

Postby skatenchips » 19 Jul 2016, 17:26

are with the wind in your hair ...well ruths....a day on the briney with a few fish...can't be beat mate
not sure about the tackle carnage though.

Gazza
Hardcore Addict

Postby sharpey » 19 Jul 2016, 18:10

Top day out mate, never a dull moment when Capt Ahabs about..!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's more to fishing than catching fish...
sandside assassin

Postby shacky » 19 Jul 2016, 20:01

Super duper, Top report and a great days fishing. Well Done :thumb: :gp:
<º))))><
Global Moderator

Return to Boat fishing reports