It is currently 21 Sep 2024, 04:18

Daiwa's Legalis 5K & 6K Reel Knobs Are Riveted In!

Spotted something new on the market?? Want advice on which rod or reel?? Post in here.

Daiwa's Legalis 5K & 6K Reel Knobs Are Riveted In!

Postby Scuba Chris » 03 Sep 2024, 06:11

Sorry My Chinese Mic System Seems to be Failing:(

I first added my Daiwa Legalis 5000 as i thought highly of it. Performed very well out in the field. But then i found out the 6K was considerably thicker & stronger so wanted to add it as my MH shoreline jigging & plugging reel. Basically it was a 8K squeezed into a 6K frame. This 6K Legalis was a lot stronger than most of my 6K's. Then i tried to open up the 6K handle as i recently purchased 2 Gomexus Power Knobs on my own for this project as i made multiple watchers asking me to do this. But i found a rivet holding it in place!? What the? So i figured i'd just redo the smaller 5K instead. What? This one was riveted as well? It's like old-time spinning reels of +30yrs ago!

So my project that i invested my time & funds to help others out was flushed away. Unless i drill it out this project is dead. I'm sorry to those that i tried to help. I've never seen rivets used like this in any modern spinning reel before. And it's a Daiwa! Not a forgotten brand or obsolete model. So i'll alert my friends at Gomexus, Vernon & Jack. They need to know they have to change the language on Gomexus accessories used on Daiwa Legalis spinners. This might be on the smaller models too but i spent too much of my own funds on a project meant to help others that's not going anywhere. For those that don't know this happens to me on a monthly level. Again never expected to see rivets on one of today's recent releases.

https://youtu.be/I45tRvVVyqg
Attachments
Cover-Daiwa Legalis.jpg
Hardcore Addict

Sponsored Advert - Register or Login to hide Adverts

Sponsored Advert

Return to Tackle Talk